From The Glue Works
The newsletter of the Margery Allingham Society
No.34 - November 2013
- Winter Lunch, Saturday 30th November
- If anyone who has not already contacted Jo is now interested in coming to the Winter Lunch, please phone her by Friday 22 November. We will be meeting at The Albany, Great Portland Street (opposite the tube station) from noon, with the intention of starting lunch at 12.30pm.
- The Manager has asked that, as it is a busy time of year for them, as many of us as possible order in advance, to make sure that they have enough of the right ingredients. The website is and the menus are hidden under the heading 'food'.
- Mr Campion's Farthing and Mr. Campion's Falcon
- Linked to the lunch, Mike Ripley has kindly offered to let members who are attending the lunch have copies of the recent Ostara publications, Mr CampionĘ”rthing and Mr CampionĘ”lcon, for ? copy (instead of the usual ?0.99). He will need to know how many copies to bring, so please again let Jo know by 20 November if you want to place an order ?good Christmas present! Cheques should be made payable to Ostara Publications and given to Mike at the lunch.
- Short Story Competition
- We still need Readers for the first stage of the judging process. Please contact Mary for further information.
- Albert's Biography
- We are now moving forward with the writing stage of the biography and many thanks to those members who have offered to help. More writers are still required so please contact Barry or Lesley if you think you might be interested. It would also be a great help if someone could act as co-ordinator of the work. Please contact Lesley about this.
Chairman Hon. Secretary Treasurer Membership Secretary Barry Pike Jo Hesslewood Mary Anderson Lesley Simpson 42 Scarborough Road 11 Eights Marina 61 Morris Crescent Flat 23 Corfton Lodge Leytonstone Mariner's Way Motherwell Corfton Road London Cambridge ML1 5NH London E11 4AL CB4 1ZA W5 2HU 020 8556 5243 01223 322993 07814 255 874 07913 664 605 honsec (at) margeryallingham.org.uk treasurer (at) margeryallingham.org.uk memsec (at) margeryallingham.org.uk
Greetings from all at the Glueworks.
From The Glue Works: Previous Issues
Current Issue No.34 - November 2013 No.33 - September 2013 No.32 - July 2013 No.31 - November 2012 No.30 - June 2012 No.29 - November 2011 No.28 - August 2011 No.27 - June 2011 No.26 - February 2011 No.25 - October 2010 No.24 - February 2010 No.23 - November 2009 No.22 - August 2009 No.21 - June 2009 No.20 - April 2009 No.19 - Autumn 2008 No.18 - August 2008 No.17 - January 2008 No.16 - November 2007 No.15 - July 2007 No.14 - January 2007 No.13 - Summer 2006 No.12 - February 2006 No.11 - July 2005 No.10 - March 2005 No.9 - Nov/Dec 2004 No.8 - July 2004 No.7 - February 2004 No.6 - August 2003
Website maintained by Lesley Simpson
All text and photos copyright © The Margery Allingham Society unless otherwise stated.