From The Glue Works
The newsletter of the Margery Allingham Society
No.17 - January 2008
- This newsletter is being sent to all members of the Margery Allingham Society during 2007, whether or not they have renewed their subscriptions for 2008. If you haven't renewed your membership and are intending to do so, please send your cheque to Lesley Simpson without delay. Her address is 23 Corfton Lodge, Corfton Road, Ealing, London W5 2HU. If we don't hear from you, you won't be hearing further from us. American members please get in touch with Susan Peters at 28, North Dansby Drive, Galveston TX 7751.
- A few copies of the most recent Bottle Street Gazette have been found to have some blank pages. Please let Lesley Simpson know if your copy is defective.
- Please see the accompanying sheet for details of our next event and an important requirement for the one after that.
- We had hoped to have confirmation of the Victoria and Albert Museum as the venue for our planned event on 19 July to celebrate 70 years of The Fashion in Shrouds. Unfortunately, the Museum is having problems due to a prolonged building programme and we may not be able to be accommodated. Please keep the date in your diaries pending further information. The autumn event at the Kensal Green cemetery is confirmed for Saturday 4 October.
- Lesley Simpson wonders if member might have photos or souvenirs from the Society's past that might be included in the exhibition proposed for the Princes Gate party. If so, please let her or the Chairman know.
- To save on postage later in the year, may I ask all members who intend to come to Margery Allingham's birthday party on 17 May to let me know now, by completing the relevant item on the booking form. If you do not indicate that you would like the details when they are sent out, you will not receive them.
Greetings from all at the Glueworks.
From The Glue Works: Previous Issues
Current Issue No.34 - November 2013 No.33 - September 2013 No.32 - July 2013 No.31 - November 2012 No.30 - June 2012 No.29 - November 2011 No.28 - August 2011 No.27 - June 2011 No.26 - February 2011 No.25 - October 2010 No.24 - February 2010 No.23 - November 2009 No.22 - August 2009 No.21 - June 2009 No.20 - April 2009 No.19 - Autumn 2008 No.18 - August 2008 No.17 - January 2008 No.16 - November 2007 No.15 - July 2007 No.14 - January 2007 No.13 - Summer 2006 No.12 - February 2006 No.11 - July 2005 No.10 - March 2005 No.9 - Nov/Dec 2004 No.8 - July 2004 No.7 - February 2004 No.6 - August 2003
Website maintained by Lesley Simpson
All text and photos copyright © The Margery Allingham Society unless otherwise stated.